Sony Xperia C (C2305) released by Sony on June, 2013 is an awesome good-quality dual SIM based Android smartphone, which brings with a 5 inch touchscreen display powered by cortex-A7 based 1.2 GHz processor along with 1 GB RAM. The device runs on Android 4.2.2 Jellybean OS. If you are owner of this smartphone and require to gain root privileges, then you are in the right page. Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to root Sony Xperia C without using a computer.
Since Sony has stopped providing OTA updates for Sony Xperia C (C2305), only by rooting this device you will be able to install custom ROM firmware’s and upgrade your device’s Android version. Also, rooting your smartphone will let you to remove the unwanted pre-installed system applications which are just occupying space in your device.
WARNING: Rooting your Sony Xperia C (C2305) device will void its warranty and you won’t be able to claim it again unless you unroot your device. So, beware of it before getting started with the rooting procedure given below.
After successfully completing the given guidelines, then it will gain you so many benefits as below to your Sony Xperia C.
1) Take a whole backup of your personal data on your Sony Xperia C. So, take it by using an appropriate app like Titanium Backup
2)Make sure that your smartphone has at least 50-60% of battery backup in it as the rooting process is a time-consuming one.
3)Enable “Unknown Sources” by following this path: Settings -> Security -> Unknown Sources. Anyway, if you need to install 3rd party apps on your Sony Xperia C device then you should enable Unknown source.
After you have completed all these prerequisites, you should go forward to the rooting tutorial given below.
TUTORIAL TO ROOT SONY XPERIA C
1) Download & install Kingroot app on your Sony Xperia C device.
2) Launch the KingRoot Apk now on your device. Since your device has not root access, you will see the following message as Root Access is unavailable.
3) Click on “Start Root” blue button to begin the rooting process. During the process, you will get the following message as “Rooting”. It will show you the percentage of the rooting procedure level. Be patience. After few minutes, you will gain a Rooted Android device by KingRoot Apk.
4) After few minutes, you will see the message as Root Successfully.
Now you have successfully rooted theSony Xperia C without a computer. To confirm, open up your Apps menu (App Drawer) and look for KingUser app. If you can find KingUser there, it means that your device is successfully rooted. Furthermore, you can check root privileges on your smartphone by using the Root Checker app.
If you need to replace the KingUser app (installed by Kingroot) with SuperSU when you should follow our guide to replace KingUser with SuperSU. Also, if you require Unrooting Sony Xperia C smartphone too when you may follow our guidelines to remove Kinguser as well as Unroot Android device.